Tuesday, July 7, 2009

HOME!

Hello all! Well, we finally rolled into the church parking lot around 5pm on Monday. It was a long, exhausting, but blessed trip and all we can do is praise the LORD for the good things He has done...It was sad saying goodbye to everyone at the church, bittersweet for we are glad to be home to see our loved ones, but after experiencing what we did together it is very hard to see that come to an end. Here are some thoughts on the last day together:

1) Sunday we had church and Pastor Eddie asked me to share. The Lord was with me and though I felt tired and weak, was able to share from Is 55 and the Spirit truly moved in me as I spoke. It may have been the most intense time I ever had teaching from the Word. Truly not just head knowledge but I felt a demonstration of the Spirit's power. I can only just thank God...THere were some at church from the street evangelism times and I pled with them to be reconciled to God while I taught. I believe God moved in their hearts!

2) Sunday afternoon was filled with packing and cleaning...but in between that time we spent a sweet time to thank/encourage one another. It was a tear-filled but joyous occasion spent thanking, remembering, exhorting one another. These times are always memorable.

3) Drove to Tirana, got on the plane. Saying goodbye to Tim and Jamie was hard for me. I love those guys. The about a 3 hr journey to London, a bus ride to Heathrow, and then a 9 hr layover in Heathrow!!! Many of us slept, I did not. I stayed up all night talking to a Swedish guy and was able to share Jesus with him. It was cool...but I was tired. I slept about half of the 9 hr flight to Miami and we landed approx. 2:20 in Miami. We got through customs, met Jeff our bus driver, and settled in for the ride home....

Praise God for the things He has done! I want to thank all of our supporters in prayer and financially for enabling us to go. Be assured...God's kingdom was advanced and strengthened during this trip, I know this first hand...and that treasure will last forever. I hope to be able to say hi to you sometime soon. ALSO, be aware that there will be a dinner/presentation on the trip at Grace Fellowship on the last Sunday of this month at approx 6:30pm. We'll post details soon. I love you all!!!

--STEVE

2 comments:

  1. Hi Steve,
    Great to hear that you and the team made it back safely and that God used you all for His kingdom. We have been praying for the team daily. Tim told us a little of the two weeks, but we would like to hear more and will try to be there for the presentation on the last Sunday.

    In Jesus,
    David and Ellen Bartlett

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wish I could be there on Sunday to see the presentation, Steve! If the presentation gets recorded please send us a copy or link to where we can view it.

    I followed your group's time in Albania and loved seeing how all of you were doing God's work.

    I'm proud of you, son!

    ReplyDelete