Thursday, May 14, 2009

Get To Know The Team


1. Name: Julie Fleming (pictured with brother)

2. Age: 22

3. Single or Married: single

4. Employment: student...Chick-Fil-A manager

5. Hobbies: volleyball, beach, spending time with my family and friends, shopping, gym, scuba diving, talking :-P

6. Fav. Bible verse: Proverbs 46:5 and Jeremiah 29:11

7. Fav. Book besides Bible: Redeeming Love, Captivating

8. Fav. Movie: Musical: Phantom of the Opera; Non-musical: Under the Tuscan Sun

9. Fav. Funny quote, fav. Serious quote: funny: ?, serious: "A woman's heart should be so lost in God, that a man needs to seek Him in order to find her" and "One step at a time..."

10. Something God has taught you lately: In September 2008, my dad passed away from prostate cancer. My dad was my everything, I was definitely Daddy's girl. It was the hardest experience I have ever had to endure, and each day is tough. Although this has been the hardest time for me, God has blessed me in so many ways. He has given me and my family a strength that I know only He can provide. He has taught me what it truly means to PUT ALL MY TRUST IN HIM. I used to think that I gave things up to the Lord, but until my dad passed away and I could do nothing BUT give it all up to Him, did I really learn what it meant to "Let go and let God". God sends such peace when you allow Him, and I am so thankful to Him for guiding me through everyday. My dad would always tell me growing up, when i was stressed or had a lot to do, to take everything "One step at a time.." and i live my life everyday by that....because that is really all we can do!

11. Why are you going to Albania? I am going to Albania because when I saw the video, I felt God pulling at my heart and I knew that He wanted me to go, and I knew this was my chance to give back to Him everything that He has given and done for me, especially these past 8 months. I am so excited about being able to share the Truth with those that have not heard, and I know God has special blessings :)

12. Prayer requests: my family's everyday trials without my dad...school...work...that God will bless this trip and all of us going :)

1 comment:

  1. Hi Julie! I'm Steve's dad and I wanted you to know that reading about something that God has taught you lately was quite inspiring. You are a brave young woman and your faith in God, reinforced through the loss of your father, is an affirmation of your faith that will help you in this mission to Albania.

    I thought it was tough to go through the loss of my father 6 years ago and then my mother almost 3 years ago, but I can only imagine how it would be to lose a parent at such a young age. God Bless your strength and faith.

    My prayers will be with you and the rest of the team...

    Geoff

    ReplyDelete